Overcoming Obesity

Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 3 results

Okay folks, the results are in! I am down to 317 pounds and have not smoked in 21 days. Can I get a Woot Woot! Woot Woot!

All though last week was a challenge for me and I wasn't perfect over a few days, I am still moving forward. Pushing myself through the journey.

I have meet several interesting people on a website I am using, Sparkpeople.com... just let me say WOW. If your looking for inspiration or support, you can find it there. I haven't been using the website to track my calories but I am using it to network, read articles related to healthy, losing weight, challenges, recipes, ect. It is a great tool and I am going to start using more of it. If you haven't heard of it, check it out.

Yesterday the boys and I had a picnic at the park, we walked 1 1/4 miles, threw the football around for about half an hour and did some exercises on the exercise station at the park. I am SORE today! Oh man, I never knew that balance beams, parallel bars and stair stepping could hurt so bad... even the kids are sore. I have to admit, we didn't stretch after our workout last night and we won't make that mistake again. Using the exercise station was a lot of fun. I couldn't use most of the equipment there but I do hope to be able to walk across the parallel bars by summer. I was surprised I still had the balance to use the balance beams but I did, ye haw! The boys jumped back and forth over them but I was unable to, they encouraged me to do step up and down on it like a stair stepper... OUCH... I didn't think I could do it but they kept cheering me on and got me up to 30. I was really proud of myself, so were they. My goal is to be able to jump on the balance beam by summer as well. We are going to start going to the park three times a week to walk and use the exercise station. It was honestly a lot of fun to hang out with them, it didn't really feel like exercise (except for the balance beam). Oh, they also had this 7ft tall ladder thing, you go up one side and down the other... I did it! There was a brief minute getting up towards the top that I wasn't sure I would make it up and over, but I did :)

I am still coughing and have congestion in my chest. I'm not running fever anymore but my throat is sore. I hope to start feeling 100% soon, I don't like being sick, it makes me not want to work out or cook, I just want to stay in bed. I didn't though, I got my workout in at Curves and we had Taco Salads for dinner. The taco salad was great! I baked 100% whole wheat card balanced tortillas in the oven until crispy, two cups of salad, 1 cup extra lean ground turkey with fajita seasoning, sauteed bell peppers and onions, 2 tbls sour cream, 2 tbls salsa.... delicious! It was only 364 calories with 5.87 grams of fat.

This week I am going to focus on writing my blog, keeping up with my food journal, drinking plenty of water and getting to bed by 10pm. I read something yesterday that said without getting enough sleep, your body can actually begin to store more fat and slow down your metabolism, the same effect of not eating enough calories everyday. It blew my mind. I tend to get a second wend around 10:30 and if I am not in bed with the lights out... its possible for me to stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning, getting only about 3-4 hours of sleep. Can we say: Not good?!?!

Anyhow, I am going to do a little happy dance tonight to celebrate my accomplishments and hit the sack early.

As always, one meal at a time, one day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. You got a woot woot from me, love it! And thank you.

    ReplyDelete