Overcoming Obesity

Monday, January 4, 2010

Here we go....again!

Okay, it's day one of whatever it is. Weight loss competition between friends and family and well, it's only 7:03am and I feel like I cheated (I've eaten a homemade cinnamon roll and a cup of coffee with caramel macchiatto creamer). I never really committed to what I was going to do to lose weight... I thought about several things but honestly, it just feels so dang overwhelming. Where do you really start when your 330 pounds? At what point do you just throw the white flag and surrender???

And it hit me, all of these years that led up to me being so overweight, was surrendered, I took the easy way out, white flag and all. It is so much easier to gain weight than to lose it. Losing means committing.. not just to some fad diet, but actually to yourself. It has been a long time since I have completely committed to myself. Actually, I give and give until there is nothing else to give, not even to me. How do you put yourself first? How do you commit to yourself and tell others no? This is a huge challenge for me.

So what do I do about this morning??? Yesterday when I read the Biggest Loser Jump Start Guide, it said don't allow one slip to become your pitfall. So yea, its just after 7:00 am and I've eaten two cinnamon rolls, it doesn't mean my entire day is ruined. I need to start counting calories, regardless of what I eat and get to the gym. So let's do it! Counting Calories and Gym.... yes, it is my commitment, time to burn the white flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment