Overcoming Obesity

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Canoeing, Kayaking & Hiking, that's what I'm talkin bout!

Had a great time canoeing, hiking and kayaking today! Here are a few shots from our day and let me just say, it was HOT HOT HOT!!! No worries, we drank plenty of water and enjoyed a few snacks during our adventure.

The three of us started out in one canoe, that was interesting! It wasn't very steady and honestly, we felt like we couldn't move without worrying the canoe would flip. When a kayak was available, we headed back to shore and I jumped into a Kayak. I wasn't sure if I would like it but I did. It was very fun but I had this issue, right right right, I kept going in right circles... crazy thing is... I am right handed, so I thought it would be left circles but who know's. None the less, it was very fun and let me say, the Kayak is a big workout... great upper body, core and obliques... I might be sore in the morning!

After canoeing and kayaking we enoyed a two mile hike... again, oh so HOT but none the less, we had a great time. Here are a few snap shots:













8 comments:

  1. Dosnt it feel great being out and living??? I am so proud of you! I am still worried I will sink a kayak or flip in it and not have the strength to flip it back over! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast!! I want to try kayaking looks like fun!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks like you guys had a great time. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. I nominated you for an award at my blog (and I'm supposed to let you know about it-- part of the "rules").
    http://bonita-gordita.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    :)
    BG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring pictures of your weight reduction. I also love that you are enjoying life. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to drop in and let you know that I left you an award on my page...the Versatile blogger award. Go by and pick it up when you have a min.
    Sharlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayaking was really awesome, I can't wait to do it again! We really did have a blast :)

    Blog Awards, oh my goodness, you girls are so sweet! I havent exactly figured out how to pick them up or what to do with them yet.. so I am gonna go to your pages and see what I can figure out. I might need you ladies to edu-ma-cate me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete